MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I had an MRI of my right knee, and the results say that I have occult displaced fracture in my right knee. What is that and twhat do they do to treatment this.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: surgical treatment. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Its important to know exactly where the fracture is located. Since the fractured fragments are displaced, it needs an internal fixation for proper immobilization of the fragments and healing. Surgical treatment is usually considered in such cases depending on the site and extent of fracture. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.