MR mammography showed glandular proliferation in breasts. Suggestive of focal fibroadenosis. Next step?

Oncologist, Surgical
Hi, I just had MR Mammography done.
IMPRESSION: MR mammography findings are suggestive of few stippled/linear enhancing foci of glandular proliferation scattered in posterior depth of both breasts parenchyma showing benign type-I kinetics, including within the described focus at 5 O'clock position left breast with benign MR morphology however showing type-III washout kinetics (BIRADS_III).
In view of no clinical history of lump/nipple discharge and no family history of breast cancer and no correlate on sonomammogram, this possibly represents focal fibroadenosis. suggests short interval (6 mths) follow-up with MRI.
What is my next step ? Please suggest.. apart from going to my gyaenologist.

Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 9 hours later

Please understand that no imaging can predict any disease with 100% accuracy. However, the report suggests benign breast disease. The chances of malignancy are extremely low.

You need to be regular follow up both with your doctor and with the radiologist for repeat imaging. If you are very apprehensive, please consult a surgical oncologist or a surgeon specialized in breast disease for reassurance.

I hope this helps you.