Lymphocytes range 4.26. Normal?

hi my lymphocytes are 4.26, the normal range is 0.9-3.2, My IgA is also up to 5.69 again the norm is between 0.8-4.0, any idea why this could be?
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 hours later
Hello sir and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

The condition of elevated lymphocytes is called lymphocytosis. Lymphocytes can be raised in the following conditions:
-Infections (bacterial, viral, etc.)
-Autoimmune conditions causing inflammation
-Cancer of blood or lymphatics

A raised IgA is present whenever there is inflammation in the body. Which coincides with the conditions listed above in case of lymphocytosis. This IgA helps us in understanding that either the infections, autoimmune conditions or cancer has resulted in inflammation.

I understand the inclusion of cancer can cause anxiety, but the reason why I have listed this in the end is because all other conditions will have to be ruled out first. Please do consult a doctor, who will have to elaborately examine you and your blood work to diagnose you sir.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Lymphocytes range 4.26. Normal? 1 hour later
How possible is it that my serum neg RA could be causing this or would you suggest further examination as my GP has said to hold of for another 4 wks to re do the bloods?

My other option is to arrange a consult with the rheumatologist I see.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 minutes later
Hello once again XXXXXXX

From the information provided, you say that your serum RA was negative? If your RA was negative, then rheumatoid arthritis could be ruled out as one of the causes for your blood reports.

You should consult a rheumatologist, who will be able to diagnose you more accurately and would suggest further examination, which in my opinion is better than waiting.

Also, the reason why your doctor has asked you to wait is to see if these blood parameters change, or new parameters rise or drop.

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me or you could rate my answers after closing this discussion.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Lymphocytes range 4.26. Normal? 52 minutes later
Thanks for your help. I will get back to you if I have any further questions in relation to this issue.

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 0 minute later

Wishing you lots of luck and a quick recovery.

Best wishes.