Lumpy feeling in throat, swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin with tingly sensation in feet. Suggest?

I've had a lumpy feeling in my throat that comes and goes, almost like the sensation you feel when you're about to cry. Also, I've noticed that my lymph nodes along my neck and groin area are swollen, and have had a tingly sensation in my right toes and feet. My lab work came back normal except for B12 which is running high (I was deficient before and over corrected it). I have a psoriasis-like rash that comes and goes with the seasons and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with these problems.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

It is possible that you're having some swelling of your lymph nodes which is contributing to the sensation what you're experiencing. Actually the fact that you have psoriasisis important to consider because we know that psoriasis is an autoimmune condition. The lymph nodes as you know are active parts of our immune system. I would suspect that if your psoriasis is active you might appreciate that the symptoms related to swallowing might be more prominent.

I must say that if your symptoms are becoming bothersome you might discuss this with your primary care doctor. Sometimes imaging procedures are necessary to a value wait if there is any degree of significant swelling. Even if laboratory tests are normal this is worth investigating.

Another possible contributing factor would be acid secretions in the esophagus. Sometimes mild reflux can cause inflammation of the esophagus and a sense of fullness with swallowing. If this is a consideration your doctor might consider referring you to a gastroenterologist.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr Galamaga