Lump on collarbone near the shoulder. Its paining. Cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a lump on my collarbone near the shoulder.I have shoulder pain with limited movement it hurts to sleep on it.I can barely curl 10 lbs with that arm.I've had no injury but use that arm alot at work(painter) and use to work out but cant now.I have no insurance so having alot of expensive tests is not an option I cant afford it.What do I do.
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 2 hours later

After reading your symptoms, I feel that you must rest your arm for a couple of days as much as possible along with physiotherapy. For symptomatic relief you may take any goof painkiller along with application of local analgesic gels or sprays to reduce pain. Hot fomentation may also help. The problem should resolve in a couple of days with the above-mentioned therapy.
If the problem persists then an MRI scan should be done.

Hope you feel better soon. Let me know if you have more concerns.