Lower back pain with backs of both legs hurting. Had

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Lower back pain with backs of both legs hurting. Had a herniated disc resting on scatic nerve 13 years ago. Got a shot in back that shrunk leakage and just some lower back pain every now and then, but the last 3 to 4 years my lower back with pain running down both legs hurt and feel ackey. Not like the burning numb feeling pain from before. Lots of stiffness and soreness on buttocks.
I am a 51 year old white female in good health otherwise and a normal weight.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to many causes.

Detailed Answer:
The persistent back pain that you have can be due to Spondylitis, Lumbar herniated disc, Degenerative disc disease, Isthmic spondylolisthesis etc. All these causes need to be ruled out through clinical examination and radiological investigation (like X- ray, CT scan, Myelogram, MRI etc).
In the meanwhile, adequate rest, hot compresses, good analgesic medications and avoiding strenuous exercises will benefit you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal