Lower back pain, pelvis, groin. Can hip shift cause pelvic pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have A LOT of pain in lower back, pelvis, groin. Was recently told my hip was a bit shifted. Would that cause this type of burning pain through my pelvis?
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
A mildly shifted hip might happen due to an abnormal muscle spasm or shifting of bone growth plate. Nerve compression at L1-L2 level might cause a shooting pain in lower back, pelvis and groin.
Such pain is often severe. An X-ray and MRI of the affected joint will help in exact diagnosis.
The main treatment of such problem is bed rest along with pain killers and muscle relaxants. Muscle relaxants can help with your symptoms if used in appropriate dosage in combination with a potent analgesic. You can get these prescribed from your orthopedician.
Local analgesic gels and hot fomentation may provide a short term relief. You can use analgesic gels like Volini gel. Exercise is not advisable in the times of acute pain.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.