Ask a Urologist   »  

Lower back pain around the kidney region. Noticed bubbles in urine and stomach cramps. Bad pain at night. Suggest a solution?

Jul 2016

Hi I have had back pain for a couple of months and put it down to back ache. However it appears to be around the kidney region at times and usually the lower back, although my whole back can be effected as well. However over the last couple of days I have noticed bubbles in my urine (although not all the time as far as I can see) and am experiencing stomach cramps and rumblings. The back pain and stomach cramps are worse at night.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could bedue to Urinary stone.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have back ache since months and noticed bubbles in urine.

This is most likely to be due to the presence of stone either in the Kidney or Ureter,

The bubbles in the urine are most of the time due to concentrated urine or large volume of urine being hold over a long time .

Please consult qualified urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Routine Urine examination
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out presence of stone either in Kidney or Ureter.

Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you