Low fever, weakness, pain and numbness in leg. On lipicard av, amaryl. Diagnosed with lymph node cervical TB. Advice?

Current Problem - From Past More than one month:
•     Having Low Grade Fever (99 to 100) – Mostly in Afternoon to Evening.
•     Dizziness
•     Weakness and Leg Pain
•     All time Body heated even temperature is normal.

Other Problem:

•     Having Numbness in Left Thigh from past 3 Years. Not severe but sometimes paining –Medication - Neurica
•     Sometimes Low-grade fever appeared with weakness and gone in a week without medication.

On Medication:
•     BP – From last 6-7 Years (Rapelol 50)
•     High Cholesterol ( Lipicard AV)
•     Diabetes ( Amaryl 1 Mg and Glycomet 500 mg)
Past History:
•     Diagnosed with Lymph node cervical TB in 2006 and treated for 10 months. Again due to fever appearance done 8 months additional course of ATT. Even after that fever occurred, so consulted with homeopathy specialist, taken medicines and Amway products and healed from the problem. But once in a month mild fever with weakness occurred and went without any medicines within week.
Test Reports:
•     Widal Test – Negative
•     Malaria – Negative
•     ESR – 26 – 28 -18 – 28 (In 1 month)
•     CPK – Negative
•     Blood Culture - Negative
•     Urine Culture – Negative
•     HIV – Negative
• XXXXXXX – Negative
•     Sinus X-Ray – Negative
•     Abdomen and Thorax CT Scan : -
•     Observations: Small Calcified pretracheal and subcarinal nodes and small fibrotic patch within lingular segment – Advised for Bronchoscopy but referred doctor suggested not to do, wait for ESR value increase.
•     TFT – Negative
•     Brain MRI – Negative
•     Observation within 1.5 months: Blood Platelets was 2.92 on 28th Feb, decreased…last week 1.76 now 2.03 Lacs. Observation 2: symptoms feeling currently are same as TB episode.
Note: Good appetite, No weight loss. No cough. Please advise should i go for ATT treatment third time?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 4 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I went through all those reports and none of them are suggestive of tuberculosis.

Based on those reports you need not be started on ATT.

Your temperature requires to be monitored.

In a active person temperature may raise even to 99 F towards evening. No action is required for this if the person is other wise active and healthy.

Hope this helps.
Please feel free to ask further questions.
I will be more than happy to answer them.

Follow-up: Low fever, weakness, pain and numbness in leg. On lipicard av, amaryl. Diagnosed with lymph node cervical TB. Advice? 12 hours later
Hi Doctor, Thanks for reply. Actually Apart from mild fever I have other problems like Dizziness, weakness and body pain. And all these symptoms i felt when i was suffering from Lymph Cervical TB .
Please suggest if i wll not start ATT then for which teratment i should go for the other problems as thsese are hampering my day to day activities.
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 31 minutes later

Weakness, dizziness and body pains can occur in lot of illness.

Even a physically healthy person may feel weakness and body pains if he is having depression. Stress can be associated with weakness and body pains.

Your diabetes and hypertension can also contribute towards your problems. Are they under control. Some times low sugar levels can be cause of dizziness and weakness.

I also advise you to follow the undermentioned life style changes.....

1. Meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, etc will help.
2. Go for a walk. Recreational exercises will be of use.
3. Do not take the whole problem on yourself. After doing your part leave it to God.
4. Some times slowing down in life helps. Play with kids.
5. Do not try to be the best always.
6. You can find thousands of websites with literature on time management. It is important.
7. Listen to music, do some gardening work...
8. Prey God.
9. Try to help some body.... what ever small help you can........ at least once a day.
10. Look at the positive things in life.

Hope this helps.

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 9 days later

This query was in my follow up box on the dash board. This may be because of some technical error.

Hope you are feeling better now.