Low BP, CFS, dysautonomia, causes, treatment

My bloood pressure is 83/55, I have been tired and weak for almost a week. I have been diagnosed with CFS. But when I feel good my bp is 120/80. I don't understand why my bp is affected. Could it be heart related instead? Some doctors don't believe CFS is real, maybe it's something else.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

Thanks for your query ,

Yes, the low Blood pressure could also be due to heart problems . Other conditions like Dysautonomia also may have to be considered when general fatigue is coupled with low blood pressure.

I would be able to come to a most probable diagnosis if you can help me by providing some more details into your problem like :

1) Do you have palpitation ( feeling ones heart beat without touching the chest )?

2) Increased pulse rate ?

3)Did you ever had black outs / fainting episodes in the past ?

4)Do you have symptoms like Excessive thirst,Lightheadedness, dizziness or vertigo ,Feelings of anxiety or panic,muscle or joint pains,chest pain etc ?

5)Have you got your BP checked regularly , how often do you get readings below range ?

6) Sensation of dizziness if on standing for long ?

I will wait for the information,