Lost weight after viral fever, do smoking. How to gain weight back?

My age is 25. I am a male Height of 6 past 4 years back i got an viral fever and i lost upto 6 pound of my weight now my weight is 57 that time it was 63 so kindly suggest me to gain my Weight back...... I also Smoke around 6 cigarettes per day So is it effecting me by any chance?
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Your body mass index is 17 kg/m2 which suggests that you are underweight. Daily smoking 6 cigarettes does affect weight. If you stop smoking today, you will gain back at least 5 kgs of weight in a few days. Thus stop smoking. In diet you can increase your calorie intake to gain weight. Extra calories can be gained from milk products like ghee, butter, cheese, icecream, sweets etc. Nutritional supplements can also help like ensure or proteinex. These can be taken along with your regular diet. Include protein sources like whole beans, legumes, vegetables like mushroom, soy and milk in daily diet, which is a healthy way for gaining weight. If you are a non vegetarian, try having the fat free meats and prefer the non-fried preparations. You need to take regular meals 3 - 4 times a day along with 3 - 4 small snacks. You should also take hygienic food and clean drinking water. Keep a weighing machine at home to track your weight. Also get some routine tests done to rule out common causes for less weight. Hope this helps Dr Vaishalee