Loss of appetite, becoming hot but not sweating. Blood work normal.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My husband is 65, in fair shape, but has little appetite due to the fact when he eats, he gets so hot, keeps wiping his forehead and eyes as if he is sweating, to him he is, but really he isn't,. no matter what the food or where he is, he gets extremely hot... He has blood work done every three months , but nothing indicates why this is happening...
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Feeling hot after eating is due to the raised metabolic rate of the body after eating as the body has to do work for digestion of food.
This is a physiological phenomenon and does not indicate any type of pathology.
Still it is best to get his blood glucose levels checked and blood pressure monitoring done under care of your physician.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.