Ask a Urologist   »  

Loss of 1 inch in erect penis length. How to get back old size?

Hi i over the past year i have lost over an inch in lenght in my penis in the erect state and would like some help to find out whats wrong with me and y this is happening to me is there anything that could be done to get it back to my old size,im only 23 years old. thanks
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 14 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

It is very difficult to lose penile length after one has reached puberty. At your age of 23, I do not see any reasons as such.

Be reassured that you are fine.

Could you tell me whether you have a decrease in libido? If yes, you need to be investigated further for the causes.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Loss of 1 inch in erect penis length. How to get back old size? 44 hours later
hi thanks for the reply,i havent had much of a decrease in libido but do have alot of trouble getting to the point of ejaculating when im haveing sex some times i cant do it at all. do u no of any methods of incressing it back to the orignal lenght or even more then that is there hormonal treat ment i could ask my locak doc or locale specialist to improve it so im not so depressed and unhappy about my self
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

You are probably just experiencing erectile dysfunction rather than any decrease in size of penis.

Erection requires a sequence of events. Erectile dysfunction can occur when any of the events is disturbed. Nerve impulses in the brain, spinal column, around the penis and response in muscles, fibrous tissues, veins, and arteries in and around the corpora cavernosa constitute this sequence of events. Injury to any of these parts which are part of this sequence (nerves, arteries, smooth muscles, fibrous tissue) can cause ED.

About 5% of men that doctors see for erectile dysfunction have low testosterone levels. In many of these cases, low testosterone causes lower sexual interest, not erectile dysfunction.

You should see urologist and seek further treatment under his care.