Losing feeling in both legs and causing a forward fall. Suggest treatment

I already typed it but I will again. I have begun to experience my both legs at the same time to lose all feeling and it causes me to fall forward. I spent a week in hospital and they did not come up with an answer as my heart tests were good as well as sugar tests.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible causes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Following condition can be the possible cause for your illness:
1) Cerebellar dysfunction
2) Inner ear problem
3) problem of the spinal cord

Cerebellum is a part of the brain in the hind. It is responsible for coordination and balance. Any damage to cerebellum or degenration will lead to its malfunction presenting with the symptoms that you have stated.
Can be confirmed by an MRI scan of the brain.
The other reason could be problem in the inner ear. This causes vertigo and othe r poblems of imbalance. Need sophisticated ENT tests to identify the problem.
Thirdly spinal cord is an organ which carries all the sensation of lower limb to the brain. Any problem in spinal cord like trauma, compression or degenaration can cause symptoms down the legs as were described by you. Can be confirmed by MRI of the whole spine.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.