Loose whitish stools, stomach bloating, gas. Causes and treatment?

My son had a whitish loose stool today and bloated stomach. Lots of gas. Any ideas?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 26 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Most commonly pale colored stools is common in diseases of the biliary tract (liver system). What needs to be done is an urgent Liver function test and also an ultra sound abdomen.
To be more specific it can happen in infection of the gall bladder or stones in them causing obstruction of the bile
What I can tell you at this point is this is not an everyday problem and needs urgent consultation and investigations.
For now please follow the following precautions

Avoid high fat food and food XXXXXXX in choleterol
Give your son a bland diet
Avoid milk products like curd, cheese, etc
Watch for him developing rashes of itching
Donot worry it is a treatable condition, and long term benefits are great

Have a speedy recovery.
If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know I will be happy to help.