Loose stools with stomach pain. What is the reason?

I am suffering from an upset stomach with gaseous pain.I had one small loose motion.This has been only from yesterday.
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 30 minutes later

A episode of loose stool and gaseous abdomen could be due to a faulty or undercooked food in a meal.

I would suggest you to consume juices and soft food like malts or soups for 2 meals from now.This will suffice.

If you start having continuous loose stools with fever then chances of infection being the cause has to be considered.Then you may be needing a course of antibiotics and Oral rehydration solutions if you have more watery stools.

Avoid spicy and hard foods for a day from now this will set your bowels in tone back again.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.