Loose stools since weeks post eating, no pain. Serious?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I am having problem with my stomach. Its been a week now I am having loose stool ( orange and/or maroon color). especially after eating It causing problem. No pain as such in stomach but at least 5 to 6 times I go to toilet in a day. Please help.
I have not taken any medicines except the Lomitil 1 tab per day. when I take tablet it stops for 4 to 6 hours.
Please let me know if this is a serious trouble or please suggest any medication. If you feel I should contact any specialist doc I will. Thanks
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 23 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in

Your information is suggestive of infection of GI Tract may be collitis also

You may try a probiotic for five to seven days twice a day, if that does not work go for a stool report and start antibiotic as per the report

In any case avoid contaminated meals and foods

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a speedy recovery

Follow-up: Loose stools since weeks post eating, no pain. Serious? 21 minutes later
Hi Dr Ajit

Thanks for responding to my query. Please advise if you suggest me any medications so I start taking from today.
Also please advise if GI Tract or collitis are XXXXXXX or these are common things. Sorry I am bit tensed, Your answer will help me to relax.

Thanks again.
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 23 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

As per the online forum rules we are not allowed to prescribed medicines without examining the patient

No these are common and not XXXXXXX

See your physician and ask him to prescribe medicines or go to the chemist for OTC brands

Hope this assures you
Do write back in case of concern

Follow-up: Loose stools since weeks post eating, no pain. Serious? 21 hours later
Thank you so much for your advise . I have booked an appointment with doc tomorrow. I will consult and let you know. Thanks again.
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 33 minutes later
You are welcome anytime XXXXXXX