Loose motion persistent, stomach pain

I am suffering from loose motion, stomac pain
from last 2 days. There is no improovement till now. frequency 5 to 6 time daily.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 18 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX thank for posting your query.

It seems from the complain that you are having stomach infection.This can happen in this season due to either contaminated water or food in most of the cases.

Depending upon the severity of infection it will take time to get cured.I hope the tablets that you are taking are prescribed by your doctor.

Apart from taking tablets please do the following.

1.Take plenty of liquids,like O.R.S.,lemon water,butter milk,juices,coffee etc.Keep taking round the clock as much as you can,ideally 10-12 glasses per day.
2.Take light diet, like Dal-rice,curd-rice,fruits like XXXXXXX etc.
3.Avoid taking heavy foods like maize products,biscuits and all.They are difficult to digest at this time.
4.Take proper rest,avoid going out in hot weather.
5.Take medicines regularly.

Apart from medicines you are taking you can take anti-spasmodic for pain and if the frequency is very much you can take anti motility drugs,but only after advise from your doctor.

Continue taking antibiotics for at least 5 days to complete the course.

This will definitely help and you will get cured.Do not worry,keep patience.

I hope your query is taken care of, still if you have something more to ask please write I will be available for follow up.