Looking for endocrinologist specializing anxiety, fatigue and all related to menopause?

I'm looking for endocrinologist specializing in memory, anxiety, fatigue and all related to menopause. I'm having hard time finding such specialist - it's quite possible that I don't know how to design my search. I'm in Manhattan.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Thank you so much for this query. I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored having this opportunity to address your question today. I hope you doing fine and if not, i wish you get a speedy solution and recovery from illness or condition.

It is going to be very difficult or almost impossible to get an endocrinologist with specialised training in all the fields you have listed above. They are very diffuse and related to at least 3 different specialties including endocrinology, psychiatry, neurology, gynecology etc. We talk of coordinated and comprehensive care in medicine because at times you may have symptoms who do not clearly fit into one specialty and you may need to be referred to another specialist(s) to get the problem(s) addressed. By so doing, we ensure that each expert contributes in his/her own way to address your health as a whole.

My suggestion would be that you choose to start with your primary care doctor. let him be the pivot or focal point. He will start the care and identify which areas need expertise care and would plan and coordinate all the expertise care you need to get your health concern(s) addressed. This way, you are guaranteed to get to all of them. There are rarely doctors that address more than 2 specialties at once.

I hope you find this useful and answers your query. Please, feel free to ask us more questions related to this query if need be.
I wish you good health. Once more, thank you for this opportunity to address your questions today.
Dr. Ditah, MD.