Looking for doctor for treating Ehler's Danlos Syndrome? Concerned?

I am looking for a doctor in the New York City area with experience treating Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS). I have found numerous rheumatologists listed but I am pretty certain that not all of them treat patients with EDS.

Hypermobility is the type of EDS I am concerned about.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query. I have personally selected a few rheumatologists, that treat EDS I.

Below is the list:

305 2nd Ave Suite 16, New York, NY 0000
(212) 598-6516 (Office)

Dr. XXXXXXX has 36 Years of Practice in Rheumatology.

2) Dr. XXXXXXX H. Goddard, MD
186 Joralemon St, XXXXXXX NY 0000
(718) 858-3263 (Office)

Dr. Goddard has 39 Years of Practice

3) Dr. XXXXXXX G. Franks, MD
530 1st Ave Suite 7R, New York, NY 0000
(212) 263-5889 (Office)

Dr. Franks has 42 Years of Practice. He treats more of skin manifestations of EDS.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Follow-up: Looking for doctor for treating Ehler's Danlos Syndrome? Concerned? 4 hours later
Thank you. Do you know anything about Dr. XXXXXXX Sammaritano in New York City? I believe the best known doctor for EDS is Dr. Francomano in Baltimore. We are trying to see if there is anyone of her caliber in the New York City area. We live in northern New Jersey, in a New York City suburb, and are trying to decide if we should make the trip to Baltimore or if we can find someone excellent around here. My daughter is currently seeing a local rheumatologist but she is pretty much educating him regarding EDS. Most doctors know very little about it.
Thank you. She is in a lot of pain and having difficulty walking. It makes life rather difficult.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Yes, I do know Dr. XXXXXXX Sammaritano in New York City. Dr. XXXXXXX has zero malpractice claims, no sanctions, and no board actions against her. Dr. XXXXXXX is aged around 54 years.

Here is the contact details of the doctor:

535 E 70th St
New York, NY 0000
(212) 774-1978 (Office)
(212) 774-2258 (Fax)

Dr. Clair A. Francomano, MD practices in Baltimore. This doctor is good as well.

Contact detail is below:

Greater Baltimore Med Ctr Gen
6701 N XXXXXXX St Suite 2326
Baltimore, MD 0000
(443) 849-3131 (Office)

Both the doctors are good. You could choose either on them depending on your comfort level.

I am sorry about your daughter's current health status. I understand, life must be difficult for her.

I hope this information helps you to make an informed decision.

I wish your daughter recovers quickly and enjoys good and long healthy life.