Localised pain in rib area, tingling in legs and arm, difficulty in lifting heavy things. Reason?

Hi I have localised pain in the right ribs area. This came on a couple of days ago..Carrying anyting a little heavy eg. groceries is more painful..Have not had any injury to my rib area. My lower back on the right side is sore and I have had tingling in my legs and arms
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 30 minutes later
Dear Ma'm,

Thanks for writing to Healthcare Magic.

Before I can discuss in details about the possibilities here, I would like to know a few things from you.

1. If you have any fever, cough, sputum ? Can you be more exact about location of pain (like upper or lower rib cage) and tell more about soreness of lower back?
2. If the pain increases on deep breath/ touch/ pressing/ coughing/ moving in bed?
3. If there is a local swelling?
4. If the pain only comes on lifting weights and never comes at rest? If it is localized to right side or it goes to some other place. How long it lasts when you lift weight? How it gets relieved? Is it associated with sweating/ nausea or shortness of breath?
5. How is your appetite? Is your eyeball more yellow than usual? Do you have nausea?
6. Mention any past history of cardiac ailment and presence of high BP, diabetes, smoking habit too.

I am waiting for your details and would be glad to discuss in detail.

Sukhvinder Singh