Liver function tests done. Taking crestor for cholesterol level. What are the findings in the report?

General Surgeon
i am 68 woman.. healthy.. but my blood liver test has changed over the years.. it used to be right in the middle range.. now it is on the high end..of the normal.
sgpt 49
sgot 34
alkaline phosphate 126
my billirubin is:
cong 0.3
billirubin total. : 0.7
i live in Nepal now.. and things are greasy.. you cannot avoid it.
i also take Crestor 5mg.. and my cholesterol has really gone down.. i use to take 10mg about 4 years ago.. and the results were the same.! how does that happened?
should i take something like milk thistle to bring my numbers down?
i also take multi enzyme tablets and fish oil three times a day..(solomega)
i just bought myself a juice maker.. i have read that lots of veg and fruits are very healthy as you age! ihave never drank or smoke.. it just seems that it takes longer for my liver or digestive system to do the job!
i never get a good answer from doctors ( i work in a hospital),, because doctor do not go for proactive approach..
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 24 minutes later

I assure you best of my ability in providing you satisfactory answers. You can call me up here as and when you have queries about your health.

As per your Liver function tests report, it looks normal.

Please don't worry about the Cholesterol values as they have come down after treatment.
You better go for a complete Lipid profile where you get values of LDL,HDL,VLDL also.

Nice to hear that you are not a smoker or alchoholic.

Its good for your health if you take plenty of fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.In the process of ageing,all the systems including Gastro intestinal tract,Hepato biliary system
will function slowly.It is a natural phenomenon.

If Cholesterol levels are too low or too high,you have to consult your physician.But,Get complete Lipid profile.

If you send me your complete lipid profile,i can clarify further.

But as of now,nothing to worry.

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Liver function tests done. Taking crestor for cholesterol level. What are the findings in the report? 23 hours later
thank you for your reply:
triglycerides 99.0
cholesterol total 193
HDL : 77
LDL: 96
LDL/HDL ratio : 2.51:1

i am thinking ,,should i stop taking Crestor 5mg as it is very powerful and take another one not so strong,, and replace it with liver support?
that is all..

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 4 hours later

As per your query, your lipid profile seems to be normal.

Now, you can stop Crestor and observe for a few weeks. Please discuss about this with your Liver function tests and Lipid profile after 4 weeks and observe. If they are normal, there is no need to take this drug further.

You can go with liver support.

Wish you good health