Line on face, from nose down the cheek is twitching. See an indentation and it relaxes. Suggest?

Nov 2013

The line on my face, from the nose down the cheek is twitching. I see an indentation then it relaxes. what could this be
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be hemifacial spasm

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

Your symptoms could be suggestive of hemifacial spasm, where there is twitching of one side of face, involving cheek, lips, etc.

The underlying cause could be mechanical compression of the facial nerve by a small blood vessel. Sometimes, it could just be due to muscle fatigue.

If the symptoms are troublesome, medications such as trihexiphenydyl tablets or Botox injections may help.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist