Light headedness, pain on the neck and headache after bowel movement

I just had a bowel movement. I did not strain but when I released each time (twice) I got light-headed and a funky pain at base of head/top of neck. Still feel a little lightheaded. Mild headache. But just feel wired.
Posted Thu, 21 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later

A single episode of the problem you had would not be serious and could be due to minor variation in the BP or sugar levels.

If you have the problem more than once then consideration into causes like low BP has to be done.

The symptoms you are having are sometimes seen typically in low blood pressure which presents this way commonly, considering you age and gender.

The underlying cause of such low blood pressure has to be found and treated.One such main cause would be hormonal imbalance that occurs in women at around age 40.Do get yourself evaluated by a gynaecologist for the same.

Also this hormonal imbalance can present with symptoms like headache, dizziness, excess sweating , pain in limbs etc.

Increasing salt intake, drinking more water and juices would be best natural remedy for low BP.

Wish you good health.