Light headed, feel better with eyes closed, keep nodding out in front of the computer

I am light headed and I could be playing a game on the computer and I keep nodding out, and my head feels like it is , oh I cannot find a word to describe how it feels. I feel better when I close my eyes. When I first close my eyes I feel dizzy.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an degree in cardiology.
I read you mail with diligence. If I were to list your problems they would be
1. Only one kidney (I hope kidney functions are normal.
2. High Blood Pressure
3. Over weight
4. Giddiness, vision problems.
5. Feel sleepy during day ?
6. Frequent Staph infections

Four diagnoses come to mind with these six problems.

With visual symptoms and fashes (as if one is playing computer games)
1. Migraine without headache is possible. Migraine is a neurological disorder that
generally includes headaches. But it doesn't always. Some people have "silent
migraine" -- a migraine without the symptom of headache pain but of other
symptoms akin to yours.

2. Obstructive sleep apnoea: Nodding off and feeling better with eyes closed.
Please tell whether you get normal sleep? In follow up query you can mention

3. Hypertension, diffuse atherosclerosis of cerebral artery, hypertension

4. Aggressive strains of Staph. aureus (including golden staph- MRSA) are
responsible for recurrent skin and soft tissue infections (eg. boils)in previously
well individuals (children and adults). The infections may recur over many
months. Eventually some degree of immunity develops and the episodes
become less frequent. However episodes may continue to occur for up to 2
years (More details in history are needed to further comment on this

Let me recount the risk factors for atherosclerosis disease, for you appear to have some. In the list. * means you have the factor, +/- means not known, - absent. For example please tell us about your

Diabetes +/-
Obesity/overweight and Sedentary Life Style+/- (please tell your height and
High Bad Cholesterol and Lipid Component +/-
Total Cholesterol above 190 mg%, LDL above 130 mg%, VLDL above 40 mg%,
Triglycerides above 150 mg%, Apolipoprotein B above reference value
Low Good Cholesterol and Lipid Component: +/-
Apolipoprotein a below reference range for the lab and
HDL below 40 mg% for man & and 50 mg% for woman
Family History 0f Coronary Heart Disease +/-
Increasing age*
Being a Man (as opposed to women) till the age 45*

From the list, above you have some risk factors. Stress, OVerweight and possible sedentary life style and hypertension you have identified. Therefore, I will strongly recommend consulting your doctor; he may c will do complete physical examination which lead us to diagnosis.
It is never too late to change. With your weight everything you do will have to be under supervision. It need not be cardiologist but your primary doctor can guide your way back to healthy weight. You may need and he/she (or ask the dietitian) to advise you about diet low in calories and cholesterol, advise you on quantum of exercise. You ought to keep your weight under control for you do not want other attack. If you like non vegetarian you cannot take red meat but there is no bar (in taking certainly quantity had to be less) on egg white, roasted chicken and roasted fish. About your vision and neurological problems, I will write more once I hear from you some details.

I hope this answer has been of some help. I am looking forward to hear from you for for your multiple problem, further input from you is needed. Nothing so far has come which is not treatable, you can prioritize your multiple problems and tell us what is troubling you most we will concentrate on that first.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW