Lesions appearing on fingers

Hello, I have something like WWW.WWWW.WW appearing on my fingers..
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 41 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.

What exactly is it?

Do you have itchy blisters appearing on the fingers which open up time to time and you can see visible peeling of the skin?

If it is so, you may be suffering from pompholyx or dyshidrotic eczema.

It is an XXXXXXX allergy, usually restricted to palms.

The treatment depends upon the severity of the problem.

For mild symptoms you may use a potent steroid cream like mometasone twice daily over the affected areas. Keep your hands moisturized all the time. Avoid contact with detergent, chemicals, garlic and onion.

For moderate to severe disease oral medication is required.

You may attach a pic of your lesions using the "upload your reports" feature on the query page. I shall be in a better position to suggest you, after seeing the pic.

Awaiting your response
Follow-up: Lesions appearing on fingers 1 hour later

Sorry i thought it was a chat feature and sent a query to start with. Once posted, i realized that i sent a question :)

It looks exactly as pompholyx just that its not wide spread.. but it does appear over the palms / finger every now and then ( two to three ). All this started since last october after i returned from my trip from U.K. Not sure, if i got that from some one from there.

To answer your question, yes the blisters are itchy and if you pop it open, the itch goes away and you get watery fluid coming out ( i put neomycin powder after popping out) and then the skin could get peeled out (after the water stops coming out after a day or foricbly pull it off). Sometimes i apply Calendula (Homeopathic cream) or Soframycin to get the skin heeled (after thats peeled out).

On the pics that am attaching, you will be seeing a dried one and adjacent to it new ones coming up (very small) - At present i have 3 of them in 3 different fingers. I'm not sure if we call this a mild or moderate.
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 24 hours later

Thanks for the details and the pics.

You have pompholyx only...mild variant.

I do not think that you need any oral medication.

Just apply a potent steroid cream like mometasone once daily and keep your hands moisturised all the time.

This problem will be take care of.

Just be informed that it may come back again after initial improvement. If it does, use the same treatment again..