Legs tremor while stretching,full body shakes in 8 week old baby

hi i have an eight week old baby girl, her legs seem to tremor while shes streaching causing the whole body to shake?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

The tremor the baby has could be due to mere weakness which may be the result of jaundice and lung pathologies the baby had.Could also be due to poor nutrition or drugs on ( if any).

Need not worry, Its not serious.

I would say its too early to expect any motor or sensory illness causing the tremor as the both motor and sensory are developing and very immature.I would ask you to give it time ,say about 3 months when the baby's motor and sensory system starts to develop showing milestones .Any deviation in these could give a clue into illnesses affecting the motor system.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.