Legs and arms appear to have bruises on rubbing the skin. What could be the reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Why do my legs and arms feel like they have bruises on them whEn my husband rubs my skin
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 hours later
Appearance of bruises on rubbing the skin can be due to a bleeding or clotting related disorder. You need to have a few investigations like bleeding time, clotting time, platelet count, etc done under the care of your physician.
This can also happen due to a viral infection in the recent past- decreases the synthesis of platelets from the bone marrow.
Presence of any autoimmune disorders also needs to be ruled out.
The treatment is based on the diagnosis and severity of the problem. Treatment is usually done by stopping aspirin, fluid infusion, steroids, immunoglobulins, blood transfusions, etc according to the severity of the condition.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.