Leg pain, cough with mucus, cold. Can you help?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi, I am 37 year old female. I am having upper leg ache in both legs. I had cold for about 5 days now and coughing with mucus coming out when I cough. The pain in the legs started yesterday and I am very concerned. Can you please advise what this is. Thanks!
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Ache in your bilateral upper leg seems to be muscular in origin.It is common to develop ache in muscle during cough and cold.
First thing you need to do is relax. This doesn't seem to be a serious and you are likely to be fine in a few days.
Do hot fomatation,apply muscle relaxant gel over upper leg to relax the muscle and you can take ibuprofen(motrin) for pain relief.
Do steam inhalation for cold and cough.

Hope this will help you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.