Leg is infected and wounded due to regular shoe wear. Any solution to reduce pain and wound?

Hello My left leg infected due to regular shoe wear and completely wounded. Is there any solution which can reduce pain & wound
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Clotrimazole topical ointment will help Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Sorry about the condition of your leg now. It seems like there is a possible fungal infection of the entire feet due to regular shoe wear. In such a case, I suggest my patients to use Candid or Clotrimazole topical ointment on the affected areas, twice daily for a minimum of 2 weeks. The ointment must be present on the feet 24/7 for effective action. In the meantime, I suggest you to wear a open sandal or chappal that provides more aeration to your feet. Presence of moisture within the feet due to shoe can cause more fungal infection. The ointment is available over the counter in pharmacy. You can purchase it. I would be interested to have a look at the image of the infected feet. If it is possible, please upload a image of the infected leg so that I can have a look at it. You have a feature to upload the image by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it. Get well soon. Regards,