Left scrotum is larger than the other, no pain or lumpiness, feels filled with fluid

Infertility Specialist
Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...
My left scotum is larger it has been for a few months feels like fluid, not a lump, no pain
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 44 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following are possibilities based on your history and age:

1) You have mentioned history of hernia. In some people, intestines escape through Inguinal hernia which leads to soft fluid filled swelling like sensation in scrotum.

2) Hydrocele is another common condition where fluid collection occurs in the scrotum.

3) testicular cancer is another possibilty in older age group. It develops slowly over a long time.

4) Hence in view of these possibilities I advice you to see an urologist who will be able to perform an ultrasound of scrotum to differentiate above possibilities and if necessary will take out fluid with needle and send for examination to rule out cancer.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.