Leaking urine. What could be the cause and remedy?

my daughter is nearly 12 and has been complaining of leaking urine..when she laughs or bends down or even sitting still..she tells me she is wiping properly and waits on the toilet to make sure she has finished but its still happening...
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 16 minutes later

The causes of urine leakage in children are many, but, in the present scenario, it appears that your daughter could be suffering from a prolapse of the bladder wall, an overactive bladder, an infection or bladder weakness.

The proper thing in this situation would be to take her to a urologist for an examination and investigations. She may need the routine urine and blood tests for renal function as also a renal scan. Stress should also be excluded as a causative factor.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact, if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.