Leaking from rectum. What can be the reason?

I seem to be leaking from my rectum
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 36 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one. I will try to provide you with some information and recommendations.

Loss of control of bowel function including leaking of stool is an emergency in my opinion. I advise you to go to the nearest physician or your primary care doctor as soon as possible for immediate evaluation.

It is possible that there may be something affecting your nervous system which is leading you to lose some of your stool involuntarily. Please see a doctor immediately.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let us know if we can help you with any additional concerns.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Leaking from rectum. What can be the reason? 8 minutes later
This seems more like a yellowish fluid than stool
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello again.

This still needs evaluation by a physician. Very likely you will need a specialist to possibly consider doing a colonoscopy to find the primary source of what you are experiencing. Please do not hesitate to see a physician as soon as possible.

Dr. Galamaga