Leak in scrotum, no pain or swelling, clear fluid. What is this?

I have had a leak in my scrotum for about 2 years now. It started with some itching and flaking. What appeared to be a fungal infection. I cleared it up and it seemed to heal. only to have the tiny opening in the scrotum come back. It leaks anywhere from a clear fluid to what looks like a pussy fluid, but neither have any odor. I have no pain, no loss of sexual function. swelling or anything on the penis, and have never had there. I don't understand what this thing is, it doesn't want to heal. I don't think this is an std as there has been nothing else out of the ordinary, and again never any discharge or pain from the penis.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 20 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
You seem to be having a sinus of scrotum.
Sinus is an patent track which harbours infections and continues to give out fluidy exudate, it is difficult to heal without surgical removal called a debridement.
You can try medicine treatment for two weeks, if it still does not heal then possibly surgical treatment is only option.
Take Augmentin 625mg thrice a day for 5days
Levofloxacin 500mg once a day for 5days
and Fluconazole 150mg once a day for two weeks.
Apply Neosporin/Tenovate-G/M/Lobate-G/M Ether of them twice a day for 15 days in supervision of your local clinician.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Leak in scrotum, no pain or swelling, clear fluid. What is this? 18 minutes later
what does this surgery involve, is it outpatient or in hospital
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 minutes later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
It depends on the extent of the problem.
It appears to be a simple sinus and a surgical excision under local anesthesia should suffice. So it would be an Daycare(Outpatient observation for a day) procedure.
Wish you a great health!