Laser comb, FDA approved product to grow hair. Useful for hair growth ?

Laser Comb
I've read that the Laser Comb is FDA approved to grow hair. Based on your experience is this a worthwhile product?

Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 6 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

Thats an interesting question you have asked,since the laser comb is a new concept in the market.

Fortunately I have been using in my patients as well and have seen some good and promising results too.But one may not get results in all patients, as the causes of hair loss is multi factorial.Hair is a very complex organ and is sensitive to very slight amount of change is the body.

It(Hairmax laser comb) is definitely a FDA approved machine as far as its safety is concerned.I've been using in my patients since last 2 years and most of my patients(if not all) have given a good and favorable feedback.

But still a good and long study is required in various cases. I would also like to say that Hairmax is the only machine which has been cleared by the FDA.There are various companies which have come up with their laser comb. It would be difficult for me to comment on all those.

Also it would be difficult to say that the comb would be effective in all the cases. The same is the case with the medical therapy (finestride & minoxidil) for hair loss.

I also prefer a combination therapy in most of my patients (medical as well as laser ).

Hope I have answered your query, Should you have additional concern regarding the same, I would be happy to address it.

Dr.Bharat chawda