Laparoscopic surgery done. Experiencing pain when I get tired. Cause for concern?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi, I am 6 months post op from a laproscopic surgery. No complications per say, but much more pain than anticipated or told to expect. One reason given was that an unexpected finding during surgery was cervical polyps that were also removed. I still hurt if I get too tired, or do too much.... but other days can be pain free. Why is this taking SO LONG to feel healed?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
You are right. Laparoscopic surgery(you didnt mention which one), if wasnt very complicated shouldnt cause your symptoms 6 months later. It is questionable if this is related to your surgery or this is new condition.
Women in perimenopause often experience fatigue and pain in lower adominal area. I suggest you to do hormone levels test to see is there any imbalance.
Surgical complications must always be considered. Infections can develop even more than 6 months after procedure. Pelvic abssceses are common especially if you have intermittent fever.
So if your symptoms persist you shoud do some of imaging tests, at least ultrasounds. It can verify most of pelvic pathology.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help