Ask a Urologist   »  

Laparoscopic pyeloplasty, PUJ obstruction in right kidney, stent inside. Okay to travel?

Hi I am a 25 year old Male. My question is related to urology .I had gone through a laproscpoic pyleoplasty about one month back due to PUJ obstruction in my right kidney , now I am taking rest . two weeks after the surgury I started travelling and my body was shaking due to the vibration while travelling. Will it lead to any complications.? I have a stent inside. I am not getting any pain as of now. I can't see any blood stains in my urine as well. and also Can I masterbate now.? any problems.?
Can I continue travelling.? and riding bike.?

Will travelling leads to any problem for the stiches what they put inside.?

How do I ensure that the surgery area (re-joint area) doesn't have any urine leakage.?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 4 hours later

We have received your query.

The urologist on our panel will be answering your query shortly.
You will receive an answer from him within the next 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience.

Follow-up: Laparoscopic pyeloplasty, PUJ obstruction in right kidney, stent inside. Okay to travel? 6 hours later
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 6 minutes later

Thank you for your recent request for a specialist opinion from XXXXXXX

Dr G XXXXXXX ,Consultant Urologist from our panel of specialist has gone through your query and opined as below. Kindly find hist post below.

Feel free to contact XXXXXXX at +91- 80-0000 between 10 A.M to 6 P.M IST (Monday to Friday), should you have additional questions or concerns within next 72 hours.

Dr Tulasi Raman,

If the surgery was COMPLETED BY LAPAROSCOPY, no more rest is needed.

If OPEN CONVERSION was done due to some reason, you need to postpone the following things for THREE months.

1. Lifting weights.
2. Excessive travel and bike riding.

The Vibrations you felt while traveling could probably not cause any complications.

Masturbation can be practiced if u are COMFORTABLE and of course gently.
Stent is placed to prevent urine leak and nothing that you can do about it.

Hope I answered your queries.

Dr. G. XXXXXXX 's profile link:
Doctor Thank you four timely response and advice.
So Can I keep travelling and riding Bikes ? The vibration and shaking while travelling, will it lead to dissolve the stitches what they put inside.?

In fact , yesterday I masturbated couple of times, and the very next day I was started getting some kind of Flank pain in the area where the surgery was done and also some kind of tempting in the Penis as well. Is anything to worry about it.? will it lead to any complications in the surgical area.? any infections.?
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Laproscopy are occasionally converted to open surgeries for better treatment and correction purposes. You have not mentioned if such open surgery was performed in you for complete treatment.

In the absence of open surgeries, no more rest would be necessary. You may ride your bike.
Lifting weights and excessive travelling is not advised when open surgeries are performed. Please discuss with your primary doctor if you are not completely sure if you needed laprotomy (opening of the abdomen).

Masturbation is safe after a month following surgery. Infections again are less likely after a month of surgery. However if the flank pain you reported is discomforting or if you feel that there is gaping of the incision site or a pus discharge urological review is indicated.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a good health.