Lack of orgasm after taking losartan, simvastatin and omeprazole. What could this be?

I am taking the following medications and find that I have a loss of feeling: Losartan, Simvastatin, Omeprazole. I am unable to have an orgasm.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: these medications do not cause this problem Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Female anorgasmia (lack of orgasm) can be related to temperamental factors, enviromental factors, side effects of some medications and disease conditions. Temperamental factors would be concerns or anxiety. Environmental factors would be physical or mental health, any relationship issues. Medications that are associated with problems with female orgasms are: (1)anti depressant medications such as zoloft, paxil and other medications in this family, (2)some blood pressure medications such as those in the beta blocker family. Your blood pressure medication is not known to cause this problem (3) other medications such as those used for psychosis or some seizure medications but NOT cholesterol or acid reflux medication In terms of disease conditions- this includes atrophy of the vaginal area that can occur as women age, damage to the nerve of the pelvis, multiple sclerosis and injury to the spinal cord.Kidney disease, liver disease, thyroid disease can also sometimes cause this problem NOne of the medications that you are using would cause anorgasmia. Your doctor will look to see if there is another cause such as one of those mentioned. To determine the cause bloods would be done that would include kidney and liver function tests, thyroid function tests, full blood count, vitamin b12 levels and folate . Low vit b 12 and folate can sometimes cause nerve problems. Hormonal blood tests may also be done. The treatment would depend on the result of the investigations I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions