Knot like feeling in neck, heaviness in head. Need a chiropractor or acupuncture?

Question
I have knot on each side of my neck, feel like my head is heavy and tons of pressure, always try to stretch and pop neck to feel better. Feel foggy and like I am in the clouds. get headaches at times and when I apply pressure to mostly the right side knot I feel sharp twinge in head, like I can feel it in my head. what could this be, do I need chiropractor? or accupuncture or? seems to be worse. Sinus pressure etc..
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Stiff neck with headaches and foggy feeling is suggestive of degenerative disc changes or cervical spondylosis. It happens primarily due to degenerative changes secondary to age in the cervical spine. Past neck injury may also contribute to the degeneration.
X-ray of neck in lateral view or MRI will help in the diagnosis.
You may get the initial physical examination, relevant tests and treatment done under care of 'Orthopaedician'.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Knot like feeling in neck, heaviness in head. Need a chiropractor or acupuncture? 14 hours later
Is this XXXXXXX to my health, not a brain tumor though? I get scared cause I feel like crap in my head daily

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.

Your symptoms do not seem to be due to a XXXXXXX health issue like a brain tumor.

It is best to get yourself investigated for a proper treatment.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Regards.