Knelt on floor at work and had developed severe pain in knees. Cause and cure?

knelt on floor at work about 3 months ago had pain as if knelt on something no visable cut or issue but for last 3 months if I kneel more often than not my left knee gets a shooting pain severer shooting pain when I kneel think glass in left knee what can I do cant see anything wrong but I think somethink is in my knee cause I cant kneel on it anymore
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Orthopedic surgeon, MRI and X XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I suggest you might need a proper clinical review. The lesion should be a mechanical lesion. The knee joint is one of the most delicate and complex joints of the body.

A proper clinical review, preferably by an orthopedic surgeon is desirable to be pretty sure of the diagnosis. An X XXXXXXX and a knee MRI could useful. Possible lesions could be inflammation or traumatic lesions of the menisci, synovial membrane or mild or moderate ligament tears, inflammation or rupture. Depending on the case, treatment could range from rest, local physiotherapy. It is very unlikely you might require knee surgery at this point in time.

It is best to know the exact process going on to have a peace of mind. Booking an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon in my humble opinion is the best thing to do. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.