Kidney tumor, burning sensation on back, aches. Serious?

Hello, I do have a doctor's appointment (follow-up) on Monday, XXXXXXX 27, 2011. I have a 7 mm tumor on my left kidney. Just recently I have a burning sensation on the left side of by back--like under my bra strap. This burning sensation just started like a week ago. I have been having aches, no pains, just aching in the same spot since 6 weeks ago. Should I be concern??? Is this the tumor growing??? I will have another CT scan next month--Should I wait or presits on getting one sooner.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later

The aching sensation in the area can be due to the pressure produced by the tumor. 7 mm is not a size large enough to produce many symptoms. Burning sensation in the area is not likely to be related to the tumor.
In my opinion if you do not know the nature of tumor it can not be predicted how fast will it grow. It is best in such cases to go for early investigations to know the details and probable type of a lesion it is. You can request you doctor to get a CT scan done early.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow ups.