Kidney transplant done. Found slightly raised creatine level. What to do?

Question
hi my kindey transplant done in feb 2012 now after 1 year creatine levele is 1.5 ..pls suggest is it goor or not?
prograf :2 mg
cellceft:360 mg in 1-1-1
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 47 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The normal upper limit for creatinine is usually quoted as 1.2, though there may be some variation from lab to lab ( you may want to see the upper limit that is quoted on your lab sheet) .
At 1.5, your value is slightly above the upper limit but not significantly so to have a health impact.

Your doctor will likely suggest that the level be monitored for any further changes. You may also want to look at your previous levels, to compare the results.

I hope this helps, please feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Kidney transplant done. Found slightly raised creatine level. What to do? 6 days later
my previous level is 1.2 before 6 month it goes high ,my dr reduce the progrf then it goes up

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 14 hours later
Prograf is used to prevent rejection of an organ after surgery.
The creatinine has increased from the value 6 months ago so it understandabl e to be concerned.
It is possible that it is related to the change in dose of your medication but even though it has increased the change is small.
It does not mean that it will continue to rise.
If possible speak to your doctor about your concern, which are natural.

Please feel free to ask any other questions