Kidney stones, don't produce potassium citrate, taking vitamin C. Suggestion?

My son is 34 year old and has been suffering with kidney stones for the last several years. According to his uring test, his kidneys don't produce potassium
citrate. He is taking medicine daily, plus vitamin c
Is there anything else he can do to stop these stone from forming? Would appreciate hearing from you. He see Dr. S. Harbour Stephens in Mobile, Al. We are just searching for answers.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later

It would be easy for me to suggest you better if you could give me certain more details on the problem.

1.How many times has he passed stone or has been detected to have kidney stones?

2.What does his latest ultrasound say ?

3.Is there any history of previous surgeries for the stones?

4.How is his Fluid intake?

I would also like to know about the investigations that he has undergone. His serum calcium, uric acid and urinary calcium, uric acid, citrate and oxalate levels. Also a look at his urine routine and microscopic examination.

Till then he can continue with the Vit C tablets and advice him to take adequate fluids.

You can please email me the details regarding all these to YYYY@YYYY with Sub: ATTN to Dr.Rajiv Goel.

Awaiting your response.