Jumping feeling in legs. Is this related to nerve problem?

My legs jump at times, but are still at night and I am wondering if it could be nerves? I was in an accident forty-six years ago, my neck was broken, three vertebrea were fussed.
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later

Jumping of legs can be due to sudden contraction of muscles.

Spine problems is unlikely the cause and is not related to the jumps. They may be of due to
1.when associated with pain, what we call night cramps, can be due to neurological problem as well as due to deficiency of calcium and Vitamin B complex supplements. These can help you.
2. If symptoms are troubling, it would be worth to consult a neurologist who can perform detailed clinical examination and order few tests.

Hope my advice proves helpful to you. Let me know if you need further clarifications.