Joints of foot, calf and shoulder pain is acute. Cause and tests recommended?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
my joints of foot, calf and shoulder pain is accute. what might be the reasons? what type of tests are recommended for? what type of medicines should i take? pail killers are advised or not? if yes which composition will do better?
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible causes could be-

Detailed Answer:
Hi and Thanks for your query.

Seems you are suffering from multiple joint pain -polyarthritis. Possible causes could be Vit D deficiency, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc.

I would suggest you to get yourself examined by an Orthopaedician for multiple joint pains . You would be asked to undergo few blood tests like Hb, RBS, TLC, DLC, ESR, RA factor, CRP, serum uric acid, vit D3 level These investigations will help us find out the exact cause. Discuss with your doctor.

You can take Vit.D and calcium supplements. Pain killers like acetaminophen/ibuprofen can be taken to reduce pain and inflammation.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries

Follow-up: Joints of foot, calf and shoulder pain is acute. Cause and tests recommended? 37 minutes later
is there any chances of spondalysis? my weight is 87 kg and height is 5 ft 9 inches. can you pl prescribe any supplement containing vitamin D and calsium?

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes , there is chances of spondolysis.

Detailed Answer:
Yes , there is chances of spondolysis. Regular physiotherpy exercises will be helpful. You can take Shelcal CT one tablet daily.

Follow-up: Joints of foot, calf and shoulder pain is acute. Cause and tests recommended? 49 minutes later
is shelcal CT is also with vitamin D? or I have to take any other supplement for vitamin D? If so pl prescribe.
thanks n regards,XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Contain calcitrol which is active form of vit D.

Detailed Answer:
Shelcal CT contains calcium and calcitrol which is active form of vit D and helps in absorption of calcim. You can continue with this. If vit D3 level comes low then you need other vit D3 supplement.