Jock itch, red mark after treatment. Is it cleared?
User rating for this question
Ive had jock itch for about 2 weeks the jock itch has pretty much cleared up and stoped itching althou i have a red XXXXXXX that shows up after a hot shower but does not itch is my jock itch cleared up?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 27 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.
I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.
The jock itch caused due to Tinea cruris, a fungal infection takes a long time to heal completely. Now, that red XXXXXXX is due to the increased blood supply to the area due to the infection. It will take some time to clear and show normal skin texture. The redness does not indicate infection which may be on the wane due to the butenafine cream that you are already using.
Meanwhile wear loose dry clothing. And avoid any moisture around the area. Don't opt for warm/hot showers, opt for cold one instead - at least till the redness dies out. And use the cream regularly for the stipulated period by your doctor even if the itch has gone.
Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.
People also viewed
- White dandruff on head
- Left eye left nostril drip left ear
- Jock itch cures treatment
- Jock itch treatment soframycin
- Itchy eyes ears nose post nasal drip
- Dandruff near vaginal wall and joints
- Prescription jock itch treatment
- Dandruff on labia major
- Spiking drinks with unisom
- Jock itch red mark after treatment is it cleared
- Dandruff shampoo on mons pubis
- Pee every time i drink
- Misuse of morphine drip in elderly
- Jock itch remedy and treatment
- Halox lotion for dandruff