I've had ringworm from 5 months.. Initially i used tenovate

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I've had ringworm from 5 months.. Initially i used tenovate m for 2 months and there were no results in decrease of the spreading.. Doctor prescribed itraconazole for one month plus application of topical cream ebernet.. Its been 3 weeks and i see no results.. Plus the earlier scars have become active and are growing in a ring form with itching and burning surroundings. I need to get rid of this infection with the scars gone.. Please help.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tablet terbinafine and luliconazole cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
Since you have used topical steroid like tenovate M cream on the rash the local immunity of the area is decreased and that’s why anti fungal medicines are not acting. The infection will take time to resolve.
Since you not noticing any benefit with itraconazole I would recommend you to change your anti fungal medicines and take tablet terbinafine 250 mg twice daily and apply luliconazole cream on the affected areas once daily for 6-8 weeks.
These are prescription drugs and should be used under the supervision of the doctor.
Dr Asmeet