Itchy white rashes on arm, buttocks and stomach. What are these?

I seem to have an itchy rash on my arm, butt and stomach. It is white and the spots are large. What is going on?
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 minutes later

I would like to know some more details of your problem to understand better and opine specifically.

Since when do you have those lesions ?
Do you see any scaly or powdery substances on scratching ?
Are you on any medications for other illnesses ?
Have you taken any medication for the present problem ?

Please do attach a image of the lesions you have here , so that I can have a look at them and help you well.

Anticipating your response.
Follow-up: Itchy white rashes on arm, buttocks and stomach. What are these? 11 minutes later
I went to bed at 10 pm and was fine and now it is 1:10 and I am itchy. I had some childrens benedryl and the itchieness has stopped but the bumps seem to have gotten bigger, like one large white bump which is surrounded by red.

No scaly or powdery substances on scratchy...
I am on Avonex for MS
Children's benedryl is all i have right now
cannot take a pictur
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing back.

Based on your description the lesions could be due an allergic reaction, commonly presented in an insect bite.Such rashes do not last more than a day or two .Taking benadryl is the best option. Also do apply calamine lotion on the affected areas, this will reduce the itch and also prevent any marks after the disappearance of the rashes.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.