Itchy vagina and burning blisters developed on thigh. Chances of STD?

May 2013
this is the third time this has happened. I feel like I am getting a yeast infection and of course i douched and took my prescription medicine for that. the next day i have a blister on each hand that is burning and itching, on on the inside of my left thigh and vaginal itching no discharge and now on my anus with a dark spot. no other symtoms. Each time it is in the same areas. I am 41 years old and had a hysterectomy when I was 28 only one ovary left. I have been married for 23 yrs and have not been seeing anyone other than my husband. This seems to happen when I get severly stressed or have been sick. I just got over the flu last week. I am so worried that I have an std or something. please help
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 41 minutes later

According to your description it is appearing as herpes infection.
Blister formation, burning, itching etc can be seen in herpetic infection.
When immunity decrease due to illness or due to stress and strain, herpes infection can reappear.
It can also occur by skin to skin contact.
So, you better consult gynecologist once and get examined to find out the exact cause for your problem and get treated accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Itchy vagina and burning blisters developed on thigh. Chances of STD? 20 hours later
The dr I went to once before said the test was negative from the fluid of the blister for herpes. Could this be shingles?
Also the sits on my hand are just red spots no blisters yet. Only had them turn into blisters once.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
If the possibility of herpes is excluded, then the other possibilities are:
Shingles: It is caused by varicella -zoster virus.
Hand, foot and mouth disease: it occurs due to coxsackie and enteroviruses.
These cases can present with rash on hands. Usually the rash may turn into blisters but sometimes that may not.
Anyhow better to consult doctor once and get examined. By examination the actual causative agent can be detected.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.