Itching sensation and discoloration in pubic area. Not cured by antifungal medicine. Any cure?

I have for many years the development of discoloring and itchy felling in my pubic area; I have tried few different antis fungal with no positive result.
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 3 hours later

I will be glad to be of assistance.

There are two possibilities for your concern:-

1. Lichen simplex chronicus which is an eczema. This can occur due to constant scratching.
It has to be treated with prescription strength steroid creams and also the itching has to be controlled with anti histaminic tablets like levocetrizine.

2. intertrigo which can be due to bacterial and fungal infection and has to be treated with a combination of antifungal like clotrimazole and antibiotic creams.

you need to consult your dermatologist and discuss my suggestions with him.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.